Top Auto Body Repair Tips for Consumers
Getting into a car accident and then being surprised by a high estimate for the auto body repair costs makes a bad situation even worse. Considering how expensive auto body repairs can be, it is very important to know how to handle a car accident before and after it happens – especially if the cause of the accident was your fault.
Helpful Auto Body Repair Tips
- Anticipate auto body repair costs.Knowing that an auto body repair can be quite expensive. Before filing the claim check to see how much your current collision deductible is on your auto insurance policy. Most deductibles can range from £250 – £1,000, if you chose to file a claim, know that you will be paying the full deductible amount. . Keep in mind that if you do file a claim your insurance premium will most likely increase at your next renewal. Therefore you may want to get an estimate from a qualified auto body shop before filing the claim.
- Read auto body repair shop review and recommendations.Reviews are the next best way of referral, second to word of mouth. You can find reviews online for almost anything. 90% of Auto Body Repair shops don’t use reviews as a means of showing customers what they can do, this is a huge flaw in our opinion. A lot of our work is via referral via word of mouth or our Google Reviews. It allows potential customer to get an idea of the work and service they will be getting.
- Visit an auto body repair shop. Call or visit auto body shops in your area. The best time to call or visit an auto repair shop is after the morning rush. Visiting an auto body repair shop when they are busy may not be the ideal time to get the full attention of the shop staff.
- Get everything in writing.Most customers and insurers require that auto body repair shops give you a written estimate. Make sure you have the opportunity to review the estimate before the shop begins your repair. When you pick up your car, make sure you compare the written estimate to the final bill to verify that everything matches. Don’t be afraid to ask the auto body shop about any discrepancies.
- Verify your insurance coverage for a rental car.You’ll need to know what your insurance policy will cover when it comes to getting a rental car while your vehicle is in the shop. For example, if you need a bigger vehicle like an SUV or van to fit your lifestyle, you should be aware if your insurance only reimburses you for the rental of a compact car. By checking your policy in advance, you can re-evaluate as needed to avoid future problems and fees.
If you have anything you would like us to help with please contact us now on 01733 687 101 or visit our website at Peterborough Body Repair.